Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Is It All About the Money?

Money can be fun to gain and spend, but I'm not a big fan of it, actually. If I could make a living by trading, I would.

I believe there is plenty of corruption involved with monetary gain. People who have a lot of money to spend tend to act a certain way: greedy, apathetic to money hardship/poverty, etc. They do not fear being unable to pay for their well being.

I believe you can have enough money to support yourself without acting those ways. My family has never had much money, and because of this I have learned to greatly appreciate what I have and to save extra money. I have also learned ways to gain what I need and want in other ways than by payment. For example, I wanted a new laptop. I found the contest at school and won one! This is a good example of how I feel things should be run in the world. If everyone had a specialty, we could all trade for whatever specialty we needed. This is called a trade economy and I believe it works better than using money.

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky to have a family that has instilled in you an excellent work ethic and appreciation for what you have and have worked for. A trade economy is what the Natives in N. America based their economy around, and you didn't see the division of classes like we have in our society.
    Great post. 20/20 points

    ReplyDelete