Thursday, October 1, 2009

Assignment One

I've never been a believer in physical violence. Because of that, I've never been in a physical fight in my life, but I've been in quite a few arguments.
I suppose the worst I've been in were between me and a family member.

I can't remember specific things said, but I know how the fights progressed:

Normally, the argument would be my fault. I would snap at my mom or my sister and it would escalate from there. Sadly, the arguments were over very useless and trivial matters, but when I was younger I was always trying to pick a verbal fight with my family.

I know I share a common feeling with people who get in any kind of fight: A sense of regret and a nagging voice that tells you to stop but you ignore it. You know it's wrong and you know it's not going to end well but you just keep going.

Because of the fights I usually started, my relationship with my family was weakened. But I learned a valuable lesson, although it took me a long time: There are many better ways to solve problems than a fight or argument.

Now, I try to avoid arguing as much as possible because I find it quite useless in solving dilemmas.

5 comments:

  1. your talk about not fighting with no one is somewhat funny i like the part where you talk about how the fight will end bad, nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. But my dear Eli, everyone loves a good debate! And hopefully, these can actually be quite useful in the solving of dilemnas and such. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually not fond of a classical debate, simply because the people who try to debate with me get so heated that they don't even make any sense.

    There's a good and bad way to debate, is what I mean. I feel like my way isn't very accepted because people seem to prefer getting aggressive and angry about their opinion.

    I don't like fighting for what I believe in unless it's a crucial matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so wise for your age! I've never thought about the voice that tells you to stop before, but you are so right. I, like you, do everything in my power to avoid confrontation.

    Great post. 20/20 points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post, I agree with Siegmund; You are very wise for (our, lol) age. That picture of the headless dude is a t-shirt from threadless.com. They have the best t-shirts! I just thought it looked nifty. I'm talking to D-Moz about the peek-a-tures. lol why is spelling like a retard so damn cute?

    ReplyDelete